Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Who’s That Celebrity???

Born September 12, 1955 in New Rochelle, New York, this actor’s boyhood dream was to be a professional baseball player, but lucky for us, he seriously injured his elbow and was unable to play. Instead, he went on to play one of two cross-dressing roommates in the 1980's ABC television sitcom Bosom Buddies. His co-star, Tom Hanks, went on to greater fame and fortune, but we all know the real talent lies within our featured actor. His most critically-acclaimed role was playing Michael Harris in the series Newhart. He was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series in 1987, 1988 and 1989 for the role. Later, he would star in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show. He co-starred with Yasmine Bleeth in the 1996 made-for-TV movie Talk to Me about an idealistic talk show producer who clashes with her ratings obsessed boss on a story involving a young prostitute.

In addition to acting he has juggled recreationally for years, attended numerous conventions of the International Jugglers' Association and has performed as a juggler in the television show Circus of the Stars.

Can you name this star?

5 comments:

Abby said...

Peter Scolari! Do I win? (Thanks, Todd, for the heads up.) Among his more stellar achievements, he also made a memorable appearance as C.E.O. Jake Kimball on West Wing. I miss West Wing so much.

Kris Tina said...

Peter Scolari--and I'm sure he was on "The Love Boat" and I do believe a "Remington Steele" (I am the Remingston Steele expert, you know).

Todd said...

ABBY IS CORRECT!!! I am expecially pleased that everyone is offering up other places to catch a glimpse of this A-list celebrity.

Abby said...

Oooh. Remington Steele--always a treat.

Lindy said...

Even though I made it to the post before anyone else had commented I could not, for alas I did not know! You can't blame me--I was a babe and child in the 80s!