Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

Last summer my dear friend Kitty began knitting me a scarf to help me survive the bitter cold of winter. Her knitting went on into the fall, winter, and the following spring before finishing it this summer. During my recent weekend O' fun in Chicago, Kitty finally presented her fine handiwork to me. Here you see me modeling my new wrap.
It is a luxurious, hand-made, garment crafted out of the finest baby alpaca wool from the Peruvian Andes. I like to think the cria (official term for baby alpaca) donated its fleece to Locks of Love and those warm, woolen locks will now be keeping my neck toasty all winter long. Thank you little alpaca baby for your sacrifice and thank you Kitty for your excellent needle skills. My neck will be very appreciative all winter.

2 comments:

Kris Tina said...

That scarf really is beautiful. While it is true that the scarf almost took everything out of me because of the fact that your alpaca wool required me to use negative size needles-and I lost my eyesight knitting this for you . . . it was knitted with love-and with the idea that once I gave it to you-you wouldn't complain about how cold your neck was.

Todd said...

I do love my beautiful new scarf...so much so that my head and hands are jealous and in desperate need for a matching hat and mittens. When can I expect those to be finished?