Friday, October 26, 2007

WHAT YOU TALKIN' 'BOUT?

I'm introducing yet another new segment on the Catbox entitled WHAT YOU TALKING' 'BOUT? It’s all about trivia whether it be movies, TV, or general A-list celebrity gossip. You will find no sports trivia here as that sort of information is completely useless and amuses no one. For this first round of WHAT YOU TALKIN' 'BOUT trivia, we will dwell on the beloved and sadly missed hit show Murder, She Wrote starring Angela Lansbury. Here we go...

  1. What was the first novel written by JB Fletcher?
  2. What is the name of her deceased husband? (No, Mr. Fletcher won't do. I need a first name.)
  3. What was Jessica's maiden name? (Extra points if you can give me her full name...what does that B stand for???)
  4. What was Jessica's street address in Cabot Cove, Maine?
  5. Jessica wasn't always a famous author of murder mysteries. What career had she retired from before becoming a novelist?
  6. Jessica eventually moved to Manhattan. What was her phone number there?

These are real questions with real answers. As a bonus, here are some extra credit questions:

  1. How many seasons did this hit show last?
  2. How many times was Ms. Lansbury nominated for an Emmy for this role? How many times did she win?
  3. What was the only spin-off from Murder, She Wrote?

Good luck!!!

7 comments:

Abby said...

Oh oh! This is such an exciting triva game. I'm going to guess at the ones I think I know without reference to any of my usual trivia aids (i.e. imdb)
Her husband's name was Frank.
She taught English (high school?) before she became a great novelist. On one memorable episode, one of her former students who had become a successful journalist was murdered before he could reveal a secret that would shock Cabot Cove to the core!
I don't know her address, but I know the episode in which they say it -- she gets sued and the tricky woman serving her asks for Jessica's autograph and then verifies Jessica's address before handing her the summons.
I don't know any of the other answers but I have a guess about the spin-off -- was it about her British friend, the former jewel thief turned insurance guy?

Kris Tina said...

Congrats to Abby. I honestly did not know any of these questions. But don't worry--this will soon change as I recently discovered that we are blessed in our household because we now get the Hallmark channel where JB Fletcher is on at least 2x a day. Poor Ross and LUCKY LUCKY ME!

Todd said...

Abby, I am so proud and impress by your dedication as a JB Fletcher fan. Kitty, I don't beleive for a second that you did not know at least a couple of answers. Why are you so ashamed to admit that you LOVE Murder, She Wrote?

Here are the answers:

1st novel: The Corpse Danced at Midnight

Husband: Frank

Maiden name: McGill (full name: Jessica Beatrice McGill Fletcher)

Street address: 698 Candelwood, Cabot Cove, Maine

Previous career: high school English teacher

Manhattan phone #: 212-191-1498

12 glorious seasons

12 Emmy nominations, 0 Emmy wins

Only spin-off: The Law and Harry McGraw starring Jerry Orbach

Lindy said...

You guys, I have to admit that I don't understand the fascination with Murder, She Wrote. I hope we can still be friends. Todd, next time you are creating a rapid-fire round of trivia, try to do something us eighties babies will know, like Saved by the Bell or Family Matters.

Kris Tina said...

Lindy--us liking murder she wrote is likely as mystifying to you as you liking "the pacifier." It is something unexplainable. . . yet fascinating.

Todd said...

Oh Lindy, you don't like Murder, She Wrote for one simple reason...JEALOUSY! Yes, you are jealous that JB Fletcher is out there solving mysteries and writting books and living a grand life leaving a trail of murdered bodies in her wake. Who wouldn't want that? Seriously, why does everyone Jessica meets end up dead, she writes a book about it and gets rich after pointing the finger at someone else, and no one ever suspects that she might be a little shady?

Lindy said...

I consider myself sufficiently chastised! It looks like I have some Hallmark channel watching to do.