Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Why everyone should be watching The View

I don’t know if any of you watch The View starring Whoopi Goldberg and other A-list celebrities, but yesterday Sherri Sheppard made an A of herself (again) by knowing pretty much nothing about history. You may remember on a previous show she seemed to be under the impression that the world is flat, thus showing her complete lack of geographical knowledge. Well yesterday she demonstrated her lack of education in history during a discussion of ancient civilizations. For whatever reason one of the ladies mentioned the Greeks and the Romans and Sherri opened her mouth to say Jesus was before all that. Apparently she didn’t get the memo explaining “BC”. Don’t get me wrong, I like Sherri. I think she is really funny, just not all that bright.
Now, as awesome as it was, this was not by any means my favorite part of the show. The best was during an interview with little known Republican presidential candidate, Texas Congressman, and OB/GYN, Ron Paul. Co-host Joy Behar seemed very excited that he was going to be on and was looking forward to talking with him like she was totally in his corner. Then mid interview she says to him “which other Republican candidate would you vote for because you know you’re probably not going to win, right?” Everyone’s jaws just dropped and no one knew what to say. Joy was shocked that everyone else was stunned by her statement. Granted, everyone on earth was thinking it (I mean, come on, I’d never even heard of Ron Paul), but she totally slapped him in the face with that one.

5 comments:

Lindy said...

Todd--thanks for bringing this to our attention. The Donald was probably very pleased with the ignorance shown on The View. We all know how he feels about it. Losers.

Also, thanks for blogging twice in one day. Keep this up all month and you'll have made up for November.

Kris Tina said...

Well we all know that Joy Behar is a bit of an A. I mean let's be honest-what was she famous for before "The View?" Absolutely nothing. I had never heard of her-and trust me, I keep watch on A-list celebrities. I think the better question is-what are YOU doing watching "The View?" I mean, don't you have a job?

Todd said...

Yes, I have a job, but B2 brings me lunch every day at 11:00am and The View is on when we fire up the TV. (What else are we going to do, talk? Occasionally we watch to see what the ladies are talking about in a segment they call Hot Topics. It should be called Let Me Make an A of Myself on National TV.

Kris Tina said...

Well this post has convinced me--I'm going to start dvr'ing this "innovative" and "fresh" show.

Todd said...

Well, I hope you are DVRing the show today because I am sitting in Chicago's Midway airport and what is on the airport TV??? The View. Today's guest co-host is Ricki Lake...I think. I'm not sure for two reasons: 1) she is really skinny and that makes her not seem so much like the Ricki Lake we all know and love, and 2) she has not uttered a single sillable. I can't blamer her really. I imagine she was thinking "these women are complete idiots!"